Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/09/08 02:18:24 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "TaskList" by HossMan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HossMan:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TaskList

   * Create a "Powered By Solr" icon that people can include in their applications if they so choose.
   * [DONE] Move webapp from ROOT to solr
   * Allow multiple independent Solr webapps in the same app server.
-    * Current plan: [http://www.nabble.com/multiple+solr+webapps-t1469811.html#a3991310 use JNDI]
+    * [DONE] [http://www.nabble.com/multiple+solr+webapps-t1469811.html#a3991310 JNDI] support implimented
+    * we need more docs on how to configure this in resin/jetty (!TomCat is done)
   * [DONE] provide alternate way to specify where solr configuration and index directories are (don't have to depend on cwd)
-     * (solr.solr.home system property implimented ... JNDI would provide a second method)
+     * (solr.solr.home system property implimented ... JNDI provides a second method)
   * alternate ways of indexing (it currently requires an HTTP POST of an XML document
     * be able to load a text file, with variable delimiters
     * point it at a database and give it SQL
   * [DONE] try and clean up css for IE
   * [DONE] clean up the admin pages more, refactor repeated code, remove stuff that doesn't work
-  * figure out how user can supply a plugin, since we can't depend on the previous method we had used with resin (which added a webapp external directory to the classpath). .. java code is just a classpath issue that can be documented, but what about stylesheets or other types of files?
+  * document how user can supply a plugin, since we can't depend on the previous method we had used with resin (which added a webapp external directory to the classpath). .. java code is just a classpath issue that can be documented, but what about stylesheets or other types of files?
-  * Simple faceted browsing (grouping) support in the standard query handler [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-44 see bug]
+  * [DONE] Simple faceted browsing (grouping) support in the standard query handler [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-44 see bug]
     * group by field (provide counts for each distinct value in that field)
     * group by (query1, query2, query3, query4, query5)
-  * [DONEish] Highlighter integration/support
+  * [DONE] Highlighter integration/support
     * [DONE] Allow specification of begin and end markup for highlighted regions, perhaps with namespace like query params highlight.start=<b> highlight.end=</b>
     * [DONE] Allow specification of default highlighter markup via init params in solrconfig.xml
-    * decide on the best default... <B></B>, <em></em>, or <SPAN class="highlight"></SPAN>
+    * [DONE] decide on the best default... <B></B>, <em></em>, or <SPAN class="highlight"></SPAN>
   * a !DateTime field that allows flexible input for easier human entered queries
   * allow alternate format for date output to ease client creation of date objects?
   * [DONEish?] good multi-field querying support integrated with standard request handler, or as a separate handler
@@ -88, +89 @@

    * Support for IndexPartitioning within a single solr webapp instance
    * A more powerful query language allowing one to express complicated logic without resorting to a custom Java query handler plugin.
    * Make use of [http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/ HiveMind] or Spring for configuration & dependency injection
-   * [JSON in progress] Alternate output formats (JSON?)
+   * [JSON DONE] Alternate output formats (JSON?)
    * utilize Lucene's new field selector / lazy field loading mechanism to speed up requests that select only a few stored fields out of many.  Beware interaction with the DocCache... it may need to be modified or bypassed.
    * Implement some ideas for ComplexFacetingBrainstorming
    * Implement some ideas to MakeSolrMoreSelfService