Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Florent Gratta <fl...@sicap-france.com> on 2008/10/22 12:06:08 UTC

FW: Usage of JDBM : Experience feedbacks

Hi All,

I am currently Project Lead at Sicap, a Swiss company which designs
softwares for mobile operators and the mobile network world in general.

We are going to use a BTree library to index entries of csv files. We
have identified JDBM library (http://jdbm.sourceforge.net/) and we have
seen that you are currently using it in Active MQ.

As there is no more tracker activity on this project and it seems that
it is the same thing for support, we would like to know if JDBM is
stable:

==>	Have you encountered problems when you use this library in
multithreaded mode: Several concurrent inserts at a time?
==>	What is the behaviour of the library when we shut down with
emergency? Is it robust? By this way, does BTree file could be
corrupted?
==>	Do you encountered performance lack in some cases?
==>	Is there some limitations or lacks: Size of the index chain,
cache size etc ...
==>	Etc ...

We are very interested on your feedbacks and experiences on JDBM library
usage ?

Thank's a lot,
Kind Regards,
Florent GRATTA

Framework Project Leader, DeVelopment and Operation, Sicap France SAS
Phone +334 37 37 69 96, Fax +334 37 37 69 99, Mobile +336 81 76 58 02
Postal Address: 50 rue de marseille, 69007 Lyon, France
mailto: florent.gratta@sicap-france.com, http://www.sicap.com, Skype:
florent_gratta

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: FW: Usage of JDBM : Experience feedbacks

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/22 Florent Gratta <fl...@sicap-france.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I am currently Project Lead at Sicap, a Swiss company which designs
> softwares for mobile operators and the mobile network world in general.
>
> We are going to use a BTree library to index entries of csv files. We
> have identified JDBM library (http://jdbm.sourceforge.net/) and we have
> seen that you are currently using it in Active MQ.

We no longer use JDBM - we used it a few years ago but have since
developed our own persistence engine.

I'm not sure how production ready JDBM is -  Have you tried BerkeleyDB?
http://activemq.apache.org/amq-message-store.html

--
James
-------