Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io> on 2015/11/02 21:10:33 UTC

JIRA Resolved vs Closed

Is there a standard that ASF follows for when a JIRA ticket changes status
to Resolved vs Closed?

If not, then I'd like recommend that we follow the process that Spring uses:

Ticket changes to Resolved when the fix/implementation is committed or
merged (to develop in our case). It then moves to Closed when that fix or
implementation ships in a release. The two different states then have
meaning and purpose as well as having a clear definition of when a ticket
should be Resolved vs Closed.

If a bug actually originates on a branch and is then Resolved on that same
branch before merging anywhere, we could then specify that the ticket
should be Closed before merging to develop.

Thoughts or feedback?

-Kirk

Re: JIRA Resolved vs Closed

Posted by Ashvin A <aa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Using Closed state for change log makes sense. Will the release manager
make the transition from Resolved to Closed state after a release?

Thanks,
Ashvin

Re: JIRA Resolved vs Closed

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.