Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Bergemann, Eric" <eb...@parappsys.com> on 2006/07/18 21:47:02 UTC

Keeping True Modified Dates

How do I set up Subversion to keep the true modified dates upon committing a
change as opposed to the commit date?

I am working with some old files where we need to keep the modify date
intact. Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

-Eric Bergemann
Software Engineer
Paragon Application Systems, Inc.
(919) 567-9890

Re: Keeping True Modified Dates

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 18, 2006, at 23:47, Bergemann, Eric wrote:

> How do I set up Subversion to keep the true modified dates upon
> committing a
> change as opposed to the commit date?
>
> I am working with some old files where we need to keep the modify date
> intact. Any help is appreciated.

Subversion does not usually have that feature, but there is a branch
(the "text-time" branch) that provides this feature. You would have
to build it yourself. I'm also told the branch is no longer up-to-date.

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/meta-data-versioning/