Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org> on 2017/12/21 17:32:56 UTC

[VOTE] Apache MADlib 1.13 Release (RC1)

Hello Apache MADlib dev community,

This is the vote for Apache MADlib 1.13 Release (RC1). It provides the
source release tarball and convenience binaries.  This is the second
Apache MADlib release as an Apache Top Level Project (TLP).

The vote will run for at least 72 working hours and will close on
Tuesday, Dec 26, 2017 @ 6pm PDT. A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and
more binding +1 than binding -1 are required to pass.

The main goals of this release are:

New features:
* New module: Graph - HITS (MADLIB-1124, MADLIB-1151)
* k-NN:
    - Added additional distance metrics (MADLIB-1059)
    - Added list of neighbors in output table (MADLIB-1129)
* MLP: Added grouping support (MADLIB-1149)
* Cross Validation: Improved the stats reporting in output table
(MADLIB-1169)
* Correlation: Improved quality of results by ignoring only a NULL value and
    not the whole row containing the NULL (MADLIB-1166)

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed issue with Decision Trees (DT) trained in older versions not
        being usable in predict of v1.12 (MADLIB-1161)
    - Fixed invalid assert statement in DT (MADLIB-1164)
    - Improved feature array handling in DT (MADLIB-1173)
    - Fixed install-check failures on non-default schema installation
(MADLIB-1177, 1184)

Other:
    - Updated PyXB from 1.2.4 to 1.2.6. (MADLIB-1103)
        This change eliminates the need to remove part of PyXB codebase as a
        GPL-workaround.
    - Updated the naming for gppkg (MADLIB-1183)

For additional information, please see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.13

Here are the release artifact details:

Source release tag to be voted on: rc/1.13-rc1, located here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=madlib.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/rc/1.13-rc1

Source release tarball can be retrieved from the following locations:

Package:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-src.tar.gz
PGP Signature:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-src.tar.gz.asc
SHA512 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-src.tar.gz.sha512
MD5 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-src.tar.gz.md5

Convenience binary packages can be retrieved from the following
locations:

macOS High Sierra: 10.13.2 (17C88)
 - PostgreSQL 9.5.10 & 9.6.6

Package:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Darwin.dmg
PGP Signature:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Darwin.dmg.asc
SHA512 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Darwin.dmg.sha512
MD5 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Darwin.dmg.md5

CentOS 5 & 6
 - GPDB 4.3.5+
 - PostgreSQL 9.5.10 & 9.6.6

Package:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Linux.rpm
PGP Signature:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Linux.rpm.asc
SHA512 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Linux.rpm.sha512
MD5 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Linux.rpm.md5

CentOS 6
 - GPDB 5.3.0

Package:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Linux-GPDB5.rpm
PGP Signature:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Linux-GPDB5.rpm.asc
SHA512 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Linux-GPDB5.rpm.sha512
MD5 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/1.13.RC1/apache-madlib-1.13-bin-Linux-GPDB5.rpm.md5

The PGP KEYS file used to validate the signature of the release artifacts
is available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/madlib/KEYS

To help in tallying the vote, PMC members please be sure to indicate
"(binding)" with the vote.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Regards,
Ed Espino

--
*Ed Espino*

Re: [VOTE] Apache MADlib 1.13 Release (RC1)

Posted by Rahul Iyer <ra...@gmail.com>.
Validated installation from binaries.
+1 (binding)

The git revision is populated by using 'git describe' during the build. If
the build folder is outside the source tree then it won't get a valid
revision. The solution to this is to create the build within the source
(possibly using configure).

IMO, this is fine for this release. We can be cognizant of this next time.

On Dec 22, 2017 11:20 AM, "Ed Espino" <es...@apache.org> wrote:

NJ,

Interesting. Let me confirm your findings.

-=e

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
NJ,

Posted by Nandish Jayaram <nj...@pivotal.io>.