Posted to user@tajo.apache.org by Christian Schwabe <Ch...@gmx.com> on 2014/09/17 13:45:13 UTC

Worker Resources

Hello guys,

I promised I do not pretend to solve this problem together with you. I would like to redeem and more questions that bring us closer to a solution, hopefully this promise. My Macbook Pro has 8 GB of RAM and 4 cores available. My configuration in tajo-site.xml looks like this:

<configuration>
<property>
  <name>tajo.resource-tracker.heartbeat.timeout-secs</name>
  <value>240000</value>  // or, your own longer value. default is 120*1000 (2 minutes)
</property>
<property>
  <name>tajo.worker.resource.tajo.worker.resource.cpu-cores</name>
  <value>4</value>
</property>
 <property>
  <name>tajo.worker.resource.memory-mb</name>
  <value>2048</value>
</property>
</configuration>

Actually, I would now expect a fourfold parallel processing. However, I can only see a maximum of three tasks at once with the status "running". With this configuration, I can still establish the following: Tajo processed, judging by the progress indicator is now more data than before. Up to now, only about 75% possible I land now at about 90% until Tajo crashed again.
I attached a log for this run. Also the following session variables were applied for this run:
tajo> \set JOIN_TASK_INPUT_SIZE 64
tajo> \set JOIN_PER_SHUFFLE_SIZE 64

   Do you have any ideas I can try?

Best regards and very thankful,
Chris

Re: Worker Resources

Posted by Jinho Kim <jh...@apache.org>.
Hello Chris,

Looks like killed by kernel.
please update latest revision and increase the heap in tajo-env.sh.
export TAJO_WORKER_HEAPSIZE= parallel processing * 2GB or more
export TAJO_WORKER_OPTS="-XX:+UseParallelOldGC"

Worker resource is the following:
parallel  worker(512 * 3) + query master (512)

Thanks

-Jinho
Best regards

Re: Worker Resources