Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Schmitz-Reinthal <js...@vincentz.de> on 2003/01/20 18:47:57 UTC

TC 4.06 + IIS Port/Redirect issue

After searching to no avail in the list archives, here's my cry for help:

On Win2Kserver I have IIS 5.0 and Tomcat 4.06
The latter holds a Java-Based application which I want to make public
through IIS on Port 80 (instead of Tomcat's regular 8080).

I have set up the ISAPI_Redirector.dll, read most of the howtos and got to
the point where the first page (HTML) is served correctly via Port 80 by
IIS (IIS-Logfile indicates a HTTP-Code of OK/200 while showing the
redirector DLL has handled the request.

However as soon as I submit the search form on that page (submitting data
directly to a servlet), I do get a return but with the obnoxious port 8080
in the address line. Also no more logfile entries in the IIS log. Seems as
if the connection has been handed from IIS to tomcat directly.

So how do I go about making certain that all requests for my
Java-Application are handled through IIS on Port 80? Any help is really
appreciated.

Jan