Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yannick Naudet <ya...@eglutek.com> on 2003/05/20 16:27:12 UTC

AXIS without servlet engine...

Does really no one knows how to use Axis Soap implementations whithout
having to use the Axis servlet ?
I just want to manage webb services using Axis, but without having to use an
application server and a servlet engine.

Any help would greatly be apprecied !!!

Re: How to use Axis without using Axis Servlet?

Posted by Yannick Naudet <ya...@eglutek.com>.
Thanks for the responses. I saw this stand alone server while looking at the
Axis sources, but i was not sure of its real purpose. I will try it.

RE: How to use Axis without using Axis Servlet?

Posted by Kevin Ross <kr...@integra-online.com>.
Or embed it using 'local' transport...I'm doing this with the latest
HEAD version, to allow local or remote deployment.  I believe an example
is in the test.session package.

-Kevin Ross

Posted by Bill Lear <ra...@zopyra.com>.

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Yannick Naudet wrote:

>Hi!,
>
>I reiterate a question i asked yesterday.
>
>I am looking for a way to use Axis for publishing and accessing Web Services
>without having to use a servlet engine.
>Is there a (simple?) way to bypass the Axis servlet?
>
>Any help would be greatly apprecied !!!

documentation is not very good about it but you can use in limited
capacity SimpleAxisServer, for more details please see:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=105064286619695&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=105064185119209&w=2

and search for SimpleAxisServer in axis-dev and axis-user archives.

good luck!

alek

--
"Mr. Pauli, we in the back are all agreed that your theory is crazy.
What divides us is whether it is crazy enough to be true." Niels H. D. Bohr

How to use Axis without using Axis Servlet?