Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Moritz Petersen <mo...@mac.com> on 2003/07/27 12:52:16 UTC

Problem with beta-10 and java:jar-resources again

This was discussed before, but the solution did not fit my problem.

The resources are not copied to the target/classes directory.

When I run maven -X java:jar-resources, I notice, that

-----------%<-------------

[DEBUG] Adding reference: maven.jar.resources.set -> patternSet{
includes: [] excludes: [] }

----------->%-------------

there are no includes, but my project.xml has some defined:

-----------%<-------------

     <build>
         <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
         <unitTestSourceDirectory>src/test/java</unitTestSourceDirectory>
		<resources>
			<includes>
				<include>**/*.properties</include>
				<include>**/*.xml</include>
			</includes>
		</resources>
     </build>

----------->%-------------

and the src/java directory contains the files

log4j.properties
application.xml

Can anyone tell me, why this doesn't work and what I have to do to make
it work? Thank you,

-Mo.

Re: Problem with beta-10 and java:jar-resources again

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
> <resources>
>    <directory>...</directory>
>    <includes>
>      <include>
>      </include>
>    </includes>
> </resources>
>
> (the <resource> element is missing).
>
> That was the problem.

Allways consult the project definition xsd file at $MAVEN_HOME. It is
(more) update (OK, mostly) than th docs.

incze

Re: Problem with beta-10 and java:jar-resources again

Posted by Moritz Petersen <mo...@mac.com>.
Hi Michael,

Am Sonntag, 27.07.03, um 13:10 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Michal
Maczka:

> 1. Don't keep your resources in src/java

Why not? It's what Eclipse expects and automatically puts into the
classpath...

> 2. Do something like:

Ah! That's the problem. The documentation is not correct. The
<resources> tag is described at (at least) two pages:

http://maven.apache.org/start/integrate.html

describes

<resources>
   <includes>
     <include>
     </include>
   </includes>
</resources>

(the <resource> (singular) and <directory> element is missing)

and

http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html#resources

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl>.

Michal