Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by James Timmins <ja...@astronomer.io.INVALID> on 2021/03/19 23:43:14 UTC

[VOTE] AIP-39: Richer scheduler_interval

Hey team,

This email calls a vote to accept AIP-39:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/AIP-39+Richer+scheduler_interval

Discussion thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rf8eeb06493681f48dc9e82ce605a9c3a930cfee0b4ca19462a4e55b3%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

There is some on-going discussion about the best name for the classes, but
it is agreed that this can be decided (and changed) at any point up until
when this feature is released. (As we have done previously with Functional
DAGs -> TaskFlow API).

This vote will last for 4 days until 2021-03-23 23:50 UTC, and until 3
binding votes have been cast.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=AIP-39+Voting+Deadline&iso=20210323T1650&p1=137

Consider this my +1 (binding). Reminder: committer and PMC votes are both
binding on AIP votes. All community members are encouraged to vote.

Cheers,
James Timmins and Ash Berlin-Taylor

Re: [VOTE] AIP-39: Richer scheduler_interval

Posted by James Timmins <ja...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.
Hey folks,

Voting is now closed, and AIP-39 has been accepted with unanimous support of 12 (11 binding) “+1” votes!

The next step is creating a Project board in Github, where we’ll begin creating issues to coordinate the development.

There were great discussions and questions (h/t Daniel Standish) about what makes the most sense to include in this AIP versus future PRs and issues. While this AIP is just about building the initial interface, I’m especially excited about what it will enable going forward, in terms of both simplifying scheduling and making it more powerful.

There was also good debate about the best name for this new class. We’ve chosen to stick with “Timetable" as originally included in the AIP, with the knowledge that we can change this in the future if the community determines that another name (for example, “Schedule”) is better.

It’s always encouraging to see how much everyone is willing to discuss, listen, and debate, with the shared goal of making Airflow as great as it can be.

Thanks,
James

Posted by Elad Kalif <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.
+1 binding

Posted by Ryan Hamilton <ry...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.
+1 binding

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

Posted by Ephraim Anierobi <ep...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Kevin Yang <yr...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Daniel Imberman <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: [VOTE] AIP-39: Richer scheduler_interval

Posted by Xinbin Huang <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ry Walker <ry...@rywalker.com>.