Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2004/01/26 07:00:06 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] LukeHubbard FlashAndCocoonIdeas FlowAndWebServices Mon Jan 26 07:00:06 2004

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LukeHubbard , version: 7 on Mon Jan 26 05:35:33 2004 by LukeHubbard

+ London Web Developer.
- Java developer with passion for xml.
- Using cocoon as much as possible, pushing for the frameworks adoption at work.
- Watching cocoon development from the sidelines, learning all the time.
- Loving every minute.

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FlashAndCocoonIdeas , version: 1 on Mon Jan 26 05:32:32 2004 by LukeHubbard

New page created:
+ ''This page is just a collection of Ideas, perhaps one day it might become an RT''
+
+ Why are flash and cocoon a good combination?
+
+ * Both can be used to build web applications.
+ * Flash is moving away from animation towards, so called RIAs (Rich Internet Applications) WUI (Web User Interfaces).
+ * Both use EMCAScript languages for writing web applications. Advantage for attracting flash developers.
+ * Flash now uses ActionScript 2.0 which is quite similar to Java, Even more than FlowScript.
+ * Flash has support for XML. GET/POST, XMLLoad, XML Socket Servers, XUpdate, XPath, DataBinding, Etc.
+ * [Woody] could be rendered in flash. This is somthing I need now :)
+ * Connect to Cocoon / FlowScript via flash remoting using [OpenAMF|http://openamf.org] (LGPL). How do continuations fit with this?
+
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FlowAndWebServices , version: 32 on Mon Jan 26 05:16:17 2004 by LukeHubbard

- ''Its been a while since I wrote this RT, I still have not got arround to implementing the code. Have not had any need as of yet. But the CompilingClassLoader would make it easy now. -- [Luke Hubbard]''
-