Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tyrell Perera <ty...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/06 16:22:48 UTC

Need to display a page from a seperate site inside a Struts application

Hi All,

I'm developing a jsp application which generates a page which needs to
be displayed in a tile of a truts application. Is it possible to do
this and how. The struts developers do not seem to be able to do this.

Please help !!!

Regads,

Tyrell

Re: Need to display a page from a seperate site inside a Struts application

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
Will this work?

<jsp:include>
  <jsp:param ...>
</jsp:include>

or

<c:import>
  <c:param>
</c:import>

Posted by Tyrell Perera <ty...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tyrell Perera <ty...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys, I'll give these a try. Here's what I'm trying to do.

One of our teams is developing a struts application. This application
has a search component. I'm implementing the sid search using Apache
Nutch. However, the Nutch search web application is a non-struts JSP
web app.

I did the required modifications to the Nutch appplication (Look and
feel modifications, pagination etc.) and our QA did load testing and
everything using this prototype.

However, when the time came for integration, out strut guys were
unable to call the seperate search application using parameters and
display the results inside their strut app in a tile.

The result was the suggetion to _strutify_ the Nutch web application.
As you migh have guessed, I'm not famiiar with struts, so I'm almost a
spectator in this process. Unfortunately, by yesterday evening, the
_strutification_ team has broken search. The scary part is, that I
cannot debug this due to my lack of struts internals knowledge.

With a deadlne near, I was wondering whether the struts app can call
my original search app and display the search results inside their
application in a tile (which was the original plan).

Thanks for your comments, I'll make them try those today,

Tyrell.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tyrell Perera <ty...@gmail.com>.