Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Michael Motet <mi...@motet.dk> on 2004/09/17 11:52:36 UTC

Validating on a whitelist, and using group mails

Hi,
I am working on a project, where we intend to use James mailserver.
There is a number of features we like to have, though I do not know yet
how many are already available in the James Project.

As soon as we are passed the design phase I will be looking at the code,
though meanwhile it could be nice to know if anyone has been working on
similar features.

following are some of the features we hope to implement:

Currently we have a test version running. The mailbox and user
definitions are all in an MS SQL database.

1. We want to make a group list, where users will be registred. It
should then be possible to email to the group, and the server should
distribute the mails to each user in the group.

2. It should be possible for users to have more than one forward email
address, so if forward is enabled the mail is send to all the registered
forward addresses.

3. A whitelist should be availble in the database. The server should
then validate in that whitelist on all mail received or sent. Depending
on the definition.

4. There should be a web frontend to the Admin interface, from where
users and groups can be managed.

5. It should be possible to encrypt emails using a pkcs12 certificate

6. Login should be done by usng a certificate (pkcs12)

7. mail attachments should be extracted from mails and stored in a
seperate database table. (adding some kind of URL - link to the mail,
from where the file can be retrieved).