Posted to users@camel.apache.org by benxs <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/06/17 17:36:01 UTC

What mean the URIs "direct:" and "mock:" ?

Ok, if I define some <route> with Spring XML in activemq.xml I can use a
couple of different URIs.

I understand what

<to uri="activemq:newqueue"/>
mean: forward the incoming msg to another queue.

But what does

<to uri="mock:baz"/>

resp:

<from uri="direct:baz"/>

mean?

Can I use all three types in <to/> AND <from/>  tags?

Ben

Re: What mean the URIs "direct:" and "mock:" ?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can find a list of Camel components here
http://camel.apache.org/components.html

And if you got 5 mins then I suggest reading this excellent article
introducing Camel
http://architects.dzone.com/articles/apache-camel-integration

direct = direct method invocation
mock = for testing (eg mock, see wikipedia)

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM, benxs <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Ok, if I define some <route> with Spring XML in activemq.xml I can use a
> couple of different URIs.
>
> I understand what
>
> <to uri="activemq:newqueue"/>
> mean: forward the incoming msg to another queue.
>
> But what does
>
> <to uri="mock:baz"/>
>
> resp:
>
> <from uri="direct:baz"/>
>
> mean?
>
> Can I use all three types in <to/> AND <from/>  tags?
>
> Ben

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/