Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Roberts <ra...@premier1.net> on 2000/01/05 13:33:37 UTC

tomcat HOWTO: feedback

Great product!  This is trivial. (May already be fixed?!)

Me: RedHat 6.1

In the tomcat HOWTO these lines do not reflect the tomcat.conf, ie,

* Download mod_jserv for your platform from

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/<os>/<platform>/modules
and copy it into /path/to/apache-1.3.9/modules.

PROBLEM: I had to change the tomcat.conf LoadModule line to reflect the
above path, ie,

LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so

LoadModule jserv_module modules/mod_jserv.so

Re: tomcat HOWTO: feedback

Posted by Patrick Regan <pa...@globalcrossing.com>.
Someone yesterday changed the doc to have it copy to /libexec not /modules.  I
sent an email back saying that for Apache/UNIX you should copy to /libexec but
for Apache/Win32 you copy to /modules.  Then the tomcat.conf as is, would be
correct.

Pat