Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tim Penhey <ti...@penhey.net> on 2004/06/17 09:50:49 UTC

Setting locale for the webapp

I have a web application where I want to have the locale defined in the deployment
descriptor somewhere.

The web application acts as the GUI for a system that will be sold to clients.  The
clients will then have their own tomcat / DB instance running.  I am using the struts I18N
to allow multiple language versions of the software, but I would like to define the locale
for the installation rather than by the users browser languages.

Any clues on how to do this?

Thanks,
Tim

RE: Setting locale for the webapp

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
You could override processLocale() in the RequestProcessor to set the locale
to whatever you configured