Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org> on 1998/01/15 15:03:26 UTC

[BUG] Script directive broken

Hi,

has anyone tested the Script directive with Apache 1.3?

Some days I upgraded one of my production servers from 1.2.3 to
1.3b4-dev and all the PUT stuff stopped to work (I'm using
the Script directive to assign a cgi script to the PUT method).

When I use Apache 1.2 everything works fine, but using 1.3b4-dev with
the same configuration files it fails. Apache 1.3 always says that
the method PUT is not allowed for the specified URI.
And no messages are logged to the error logfile. :-/

I haven't yet found the time to track down the error... Has anyone an
idea what's causing the problem or does Script work for anyone with 1.3?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht      - "Keep computers away from windows"
sfx@unix-ag.org        (Garfinkel/Spafford: Practical Unix & Internet Security)

Re: [BUG] Script directive broken

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Marc Slemko:

>  Works fine for me...

After hours of testing I'm not able to make it work on the
Solaris box. :-((

I tested it with 1.3b on my Linux box at home and it works without problems,
but NOT on the Solaris 2.6 machine. (?)

I used a stripped access configuration with the following
two sections:

  <Files /export/home0/providers/testuser/public_html/.put.cgi>
  Options +ExecCGI
  </Files>
  <Directory /export/home0/providers/testuser/public_html>
  Script PUT /~testuser/.put.cgi
  </Directory>

When I send a PUT request to "/~testuser/foobar" I see the following
entry in the access log:

  doubleshadow.unix-ag.org - - [20/Jan/1998:00:19:20 +0100] \
  "PUT /~testuser/foobar HTTP/1.1" 200 1033

Status 200... BUT the client received the following:

  HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
  Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 23:19:19 GMT
  Server: Apache/1.3b4-dev
  Connection: close
  [...]

Status 405 for the clients and status 200 in the log??

As I already mentioned Apache 1.2 works as expected on Solaris, but 1.3
does not... *sigh*

Can anyone with a Solaris 2.6 box verify my problem?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                        - Computers are not intelligent.
sfx@unix-ag.org                           - They only think they are.

Re: [BUG] Script directive broken

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
Works fine for me...