Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com> on 2019/12/02 15:27:43 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Migration a Keyspace from 3.0.X to 3.11.2 Cluster which already have keyspaces

The size of the data matters here. Copy to/from is ok if the data is a few million rows per table, but not billions. It is also relatively slow (but with small data or a decent outage window, it could be fine). If the data is large and the outage time matters, you may need custom code to read from one cluster and write to another. If this is DataStax, the dsbulk utility would be ideal.

Sean Durity