Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Benedikt Schlegel <co...@googlemail.com> on 2012/11/01 12:57:00 UTC

Re: WiQuery SortableBehavior/DroppableBehavior questions

I've looked into this issue once more and it seems I solved it by.. doing
what Decebal said.

In the update() method of the SortableUpdateCallback, after the changes are
saved to the XML data source, I call ListView.detach() directly. So the
ListView gets a fresh, up-to-date version of the model.

But somehow I find this solution a bit hacky. Maybe because I don't
understand whats happening in detail. Shouldn't do the model all that kinda
stuff for me? So I don't have to think about if I have the latest version
of the model? Or is this a particular problem with the
LoadableDetachableModel I just should be aware of?

Also, I have to keep a reference to the ListView in a member variable now,
which is something I always tried to avoid. Does that even make sense? In
terms of page-size, or performance?

Posted by vineet semwal <vi...@gmail.com>.
hi,

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Benedikt Schlegel
<co...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've looked into this issue once more and it seems I solved it by.. doing
> what Decebal said.
>
> In the update() method of the SortableUpdateCallback, after the changes are
> saved to the XML data source, I call ListView.detach() directly. So the
> ListView gets a fresh, up-to-date version of the model.
>
> But somehow I find this solution a bit hacky. Maybe because I don't
> understand whats happening in detail. Shouldn't do the model all that kinda
> stuff for me? So I don't have to think about if I have the latest version
> of the model? Or is this a particular problem with the
> LoadableDetachableModel I just should be aware of?
yes this is the case with loadabledetachablemodel,it's not the
problem,it's by design
L.D.M basically caches object for the request so if your real object
has changed in the middle
it won't know,calling detach() just makes this cached object null so
the fresh object can be
 loaded by calling load()

> Also, I have to keep a reference to the ListView in a member variable now,
> which is something I always tried to avoid. Does that even make sense? In
> terms of page-size, or performance?
no need to avoid that for components,it doesn't change anything in pagesize.

> 2012/10/31 Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>
>
>> We're sorry but all of our available download slots are busy currently,
>> please try again within a few minutes.
>>
>> Can you e-mail it to me directly?
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Benedikt Schlegel <
>> codecab.driver@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I have no maven installed, so I can't create a quickstart. Instead, I
>> > zipped my project directory (an eclipse project) and uploaded it here:
>> > http://uploaded.net/file/d2zahfva
>> >
>> > Don't worry about the file size, all dependent libraries are in the
>> > WEB-INF/lib directory. The project itself is actually really small.
>> >

>> --
>> Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
>> Antilia Soft
>> http://antiliasoft.com/ <http://antiliasoft.com/antilia>