Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ar...@cappelino.de on 2004/08/11 21:08:19 UTC

Re: How to tell Driver to open acrobat in a new IE?

Manoj_Nair@spe.sony.com wrote on 11.08.2004 21:48:24:

> I am parsing my XML file through FOP parser and then telling the driver
> render it as PDF. The process is initiated by clicking on a button on
IE.
> What happens is the current IE instance opens the acrobat and displays
the
> PDF it.
>
> The users have to hit back button to get back to the application.
>
> My question is how do i tell the Driver to open the PDF in a separate
> instance of acrobat (within a new IE instance) or just by  acrobat
> independently.

First: this is not a question for fop-dev. fop-dev is a mailing list for
people working on the source code of FOP

Second: you cannot tell the Driver to do that - not because it's not
implemented, but because it's not possible. You must change your HTML
and/or JavaScript to tell the browser to open a new window for the link.

Hope this helps,

Arnd
--
Arnd Beißner