Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2005/11/25 12:17:25 UTC

using ant within maven 2

Hi

What is the recommended way to use Ant within the Maven 2 Framework?

Is there for instance an Ant plugin?

Please apologize if these questions might have been asked before, but I
am bit confused if I read the Maven 2 website
about this topic.

Thanks

Michi

Re: using ant within maven 2

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> What is the recommended way to use Ant within the Maven 2 Framework?
>>
>> Is there for instance an Ant plugin?
>

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-ant.html

thanks very much for the pointers

>> Please apologize if these questions might have been asked before, but
>> I am bit confused if I read the Maven 2 website
>> about this topic.
>

> How so? We're trying to make the doco easier to navigate and need
> feedback. If you go to the "documentation" link on the first page and
> search for "ant" you'll find the guide.

yes, sorry for that. I should have see it on
http://maven.apache.org/guides/index.html

whereas I remember a page saying that it's not possible to use ant, but
not link to the alternative as a plugin.
Well, I will try to find it again, and otherwise please apologize the noise.

Thanks

Michi

Re: using ant within maven 2

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> What is the recommended way to use Ant within the Maven 2 Framework?
>
> Is there for instance an Ant plugin?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-ant.html

> Please apologize if these questions might have been asked before, but I
> am bit confused if I read the Maven 2 website
> about this topic.

How so? We're trying to make the doco easier to navigate and need
feedback. If you go to the "documentation" link on the first page and
search for "ant" you'll find the guide.

> Thanks
>
> Michi

jvz.