Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Matt Kurjanowicz <ma...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/26 22:21:15 UTC

HTTP Sessions

Hello,
I know that this issue has come up before, but I searched through the
archives and I haven't been able to fix this using the solutions on
the list.

For some reason I can't seem to get http sessions to work.  When I
deploy my service (using a WSDD file), I specify the service to have
"session" scope.

In my client and server code, I tell the service to
"service.setMaintainSession(true)", as well as the call
("call.setMaintainSession(true)").

I am using the same service object to create different calls to the
same service (one inside of a JAAS login module, another inside of my
applcation.)....there is a successful login using JAAS, which creates
and sets up a session on the server side.  When my client tries to
invoke another method on the same service, there is a new Http
Session.  Unfortunately using axis SimpleSession s are out of the
picture, because the server side authentication depends on certain
objects being put into the HttpSession object.

Any ideas on what I can try to get HTTP sessions working?  I'm using
Axis 1.1 on Tomcat 4.1.30 with J2SE 1.4.2_03 on the client, and
1.4.2_04 on the server.
Thanks,
Matt Kurjanowicz