Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Froenchenko Leonid <gr...@mail.ru> on 2006/11/22 11:33:19 UTC

Bug in authentication when working with "needs-lock"

When performing commit against svnserve for file which being locked (and
have svn:needs-lock), and user have write access only to affected
directory (not repository root), commit is failed with:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Authorization failed

If lock removed before commit, everithing is fine.

Setup:
authz:

[groups]
g0=yosi
g1=moshe

[/]
*=r

[/trunk/dir0]
@g0=rw

[/trunk/dir1]
@g1=rw

When user "yosi" commits in dir0, error is happen.

Re: Bug in authentication when working with "needs-lock"

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.
No, you just need to have a tigris account to file a bug.  And the
homepage says, "please don't file a bug  without discussing it on a
list first, and making sure a developer has agreed that it should be
filed."  :-)

Posted by Froenchenko Leonid <gr...@mail.ru>.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.

Posted by Froenchenko Leonid <gr...@mail.ru>.

Posted by Froenchenko Leonid <gr...@mail.ru>.
The problem seems to be in following code:
        static svn_error_t *add_lock_tokens(svn_ra_svn_conn_t *conn,
                                            apr_array_header_t
        *lock_tokens,
                                            server_baton_t *sb,
                                            apr_pool_t *pool)
        {

              if (! lookup_access(pool, sb, svn_authz_write,
                                  path_item->u.string->data, TRUE))
                return svn_error_create(SVN_ERR_RA_NOT_AUTHORIZED,
                                        NULL, NULL);
        }

The problem that lookup_access() is called for path_item->u.string->data
which equal to filename. As a result, access check is performed for
something called "/filename" ("/" is added internally). Since user have
no write access to repository root, authentication is failed.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.