Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/19 17:54:25 UTC

Nodetool snapshot

Hey All,

I found recentmy that the nodetool snapshot golder is creating almost 120GB
of filea when my actual keyspace folder has 20GB only.
Do we need to change any paramater to avoid this?
Is this normal?
I have 3.11.4 version

Re: Nodetool snapshot

Posted by guo Maxwell <cc...@gmail.com>.
yes you need to restore snapshot of the node’s own snapshot for every node

Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com>于2019年9月20日 周五上午2:08写道:

> Thanks , i guess i have both.
> So can we have either or?
> If i keep auto_snapshot? Can i remove nodetool snapshot?
> Woest case scenario if i wish to restore snapshot which one will be best
> option?
> Also if we restore snapshot do we need to have snapshot on all nodes?
>

> On Thursday, September 19, 2019, Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You probably have auto_snapshot enabled, which takes snapshots when you
>> do certain things. You can disable that if you dont need it, but it
>> protects you against things like accidentally dropping / truncating a table.
>>
>> You may also be doing snapshots manually - if you do this, you can
>> 'nodetool clearsnapshot' to free up space.
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 10:54 AM Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey All,
>>>
>>> I found recentmy that the nodetool snapshot golder is creating almost
>>> 120GB of filea when my actual keyspace folder has 20GB only.
>>> Do we need to change any paramater to avoid this?
>>> Is this normal?
>>> I have 3.11.4 version
>>>
>> --
you are the apple of my eye !