Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Mohammad Reza Selim <se...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/09 04:22:28 UTC

Re: More on Broker Network

Hi,
Hiram Chirino, thanks for your help.
I browsed the source code, it would really good if I could understand most of them. Right now I only need to know one thing, if you could let it know me, lot of my time would be saved.
I need to know how routing is performed in a network of clusters. I just assume that in a large scale system there may have many clusters with numerous destinations. If one msg is sent to a particular destination (POINT TO POINT), how it is routed from the source broker(in a cluster) to the destination broker (in another cluster) via a number of intermediate clusters. I understand that a store-and-forward method is used. But what is the strategy to select the next hop of a msg? what is the size of the routing table?

Selim