Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Martin Kolb <ma...@martinkolb.net> on 2006/10/26 13:50:43 UTC

Spamassassin hinter einem Mail Relay Server

Hi all,

I'm running a Spamassassin on a Debian Etch System in a Server, located
in a computer center behind a mail relay server. Every incoming mail has
to pass this mailrelay. So, I believe (maybe it's not the problem?) that
my spamassasin now thinks that all that mail is not spam, because it's
delivered by the local network.

Usually my spamassassin classifies spam mails with a score about 2.0 to
3.0 - only a few times higher. So, is there any possibility to tell
spamassassin those circumstances? (Perhaps telling him that this
mailrelay is bad at all...?) Or does anyone has another idea (except
decreasing spam score to a dangerous level...)?

I also trained the spamassasin now with thousands of those incoming
spam mails... I also updated regularly.

Thank you in adavance,

Martin Kolb

Re: Spamassassin hinter einem Mail Relay Server

Posted by Chris Purves <ch...@northfolk.ca>.
Martin Kolb wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm running a Spamassassin on a Debian Etch System in a Server, located
> in a computer center behind a mail relay server. Every incoming mail has
> to pass this mailrelay. So, I believe (maybe it's not the problem?) that
> my spamassasin now thinks that all that mail is not spam, because it's
> delivered by the local network.
>
> Usually my spamassassin classifies spam mails with a score about 2.0 to
> 3.0 - only a few times higher. So, is there any possibility to tell
> spamassassin those circumstances? (Perhaps telling him that this
> mailrelay is bad at all...?) Or does anyone has another idea (except
> decreasing spam score to a dangerous level...)?
>
> I also trained the spamassasin now with thousands of those incoming
> spam mails... I also updated regularly.

Have a look at the wiki page for improving performance:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingSpamAssassin

--
Chris