Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Pearcey <ke...@amphora-research.com> on 2003/11/19 18:43:59 UTC

Finding artifact dependencies

How do I found out what the dependencies for a given artifact are?

Example: I can place a dependency on struts-1.1 in project.xml, which will
be fine for compilation, but to deploy an app using this I need a whole
bunch of stuff that struts depends on, and I can't see any thing under
struts on ibiblio that tells me what jars and versions I need.

It seems the only way to find this out is to download struts from apache
look at what's inside and fill in a bunch of dependencies. Would it not be
sensible to have every artifact in ibiblio define its dependencies (within
ibiblio) and have maven resolve the lot - else its just a big collection of
versioned jars - So when the next version of struts is out I have to make
sure I update every dependency in project.xml again.

Is this the case?

Cheers

Kevin