Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Singh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/31 09:28:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Logs of uploaded files from browser

Hi,

Is it possible to get the logs of uploaded files in the apache server?

Please help me out.

Regards,
Manoj

Re: [users@httpd] Logs of uploaded files from browser

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.

Manoj Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for confusion created. Actually I am using PHP as a server side
> language to receive the uploaded files. As I am using apache as a web
> server and I know that apache is maintaining access and error logs for
> the server. similarly I want to know that whether the apache is
> maintaining the logs regrading files uploaded.
>
> Please suggest.
>
> Regards,
> Manoj
>
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 8:04 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com
> <ma...@ice-sa.com>> wrote:
>
>     Manoj Singh wrote:
>
>         Hi Devraj,
>
>         Actually i mean by files uploaded through the client side by any
>         browser? I
>         have the web site through which I am providing the facility to
>         upload the
>         files.
>

>     And how exactly are you doing this ?
>

>     Now I want to check out how many files were uploaded and details
>
>         through apache web server logs. Please advice me how to do this.
>
>     Apart from DAV, Apache does not provide a method to upload files.
>     DAV (mod_dav) will log any file upload (look for PUT requests).
>     If you do it via some other method, then your method is the one that
>     should log the uploads.

Manoj,

No, those are not logged from apache directly. Perhaps you could ask the
php mailing lists to see if those can be logged.

Alternately, POST data can be examined with mod_logio.

Frank

Re: [users@httpd] Logs of uploaded files from browser

Posted by Manoj Singh <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Manoj Singh <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devraj,

Actually i mean by files uploaded through the client side by any browser? I
have the web site through which I am providing the facility to upload the
files. Now I want to check out how many files were uploaded and details
through apache web server logs. Please advice me how to do this.

Thanks,
Manoj

Posted by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com>.