Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Raphael Parree (Triveratech)" <ra...@triveratech.com> on 2004/07/19 12:56:34 UTC

SVG problem

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with SVG. Most of them work, but the ones I
generate from the UML tool Poseidon give me some problems. In the generated
PDF, the size of the image does not seem to be correct. (it shows about 80%
of my image). I have the svg attached.

This might be a Batik question, and might very well be solved in newer
versions of Batik, but does someone know what is wrong/not supported in my
SVG file.

Tx.,

Raphael

Re: SVG problem

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I'm sorry it has taken so long but I finally know what's wrong (thanks
to Batik's Thomas DeWeese). Your SVG file doesn't contain a viewBox
attribute in the top-level svg element. The file seems to be created for
a 96dpi environment. In the PDF transcoder you get a 72dpi environment.
Because there's no viewBox the graphic is displayed too big. If you
manually add:
viewBox="0 0 533 266"
it should come out correctly. I hope that (still) helps.

On 20.07.2004 09:13:52 Raphael Parree (Triveratech) wrote:
> I was running with the FOP 0.20.5 with the bundled Batik1.5b5
>
> I exported the image using Poseidon and than edited with Sodipodi. After
> transformation in Sodipodi, it shows the image at something close to
> 400x200.
> I have tried Squiggle, and its displays the image 533x266. (Both Batik1.5b5
> and 1.5.1, Adobe SVG Viewer 3 seems to do the same).
>
> I can get around it by scaling my image, but I would like to find out were
> the problem lays (might be Sodipodi).

Jeremias Maerki

RE: SVG problem

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
What are you using to convert the SVG to PDF?
- FOP 0.20.5, embedding the SVG in an XSL-FO document?
- Batik 1.5.1 with the bundled PDF transcoder?
- FOP CVS HEAD's PDF transcoder?

I've run your file through FOP CVS HEAD and it shows your problem in the
PDF Transcoder. Batik's Squiggle Browser and FOP CVS HEAD PostScript
Transcoder, however, show your SVG correctly. It seem the be a bug in
the PDF Transcoder. But knowing exactly what would take some more time
to figure out.

On 19.07.2004 12:56:34 Raphael Parree (Triveratech) wrote:
> I seem to have a problem with SVG. Most of them work, but the ones I
> generate from the UML tool Poseidon give me some problems. In the generated
> PDF, the size of the image does not seem to be correct. (it shows about 80%
> of my image). I have the svg attached.
>
> This might be a Batik question, and might very well be solved in newer
> versions of Batik, but does someone know what is wrong/not supported in my
> SVG file.

Jeremias Maerki