Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Jason Carreira <fo...@opensymphony.com> on 2006/04/28 20:49:02 UTC

Suggestion: Google Calendar for Struts

I'd like to suggest we create a Google calendar for Struts upcoming events that people can then subscribe to via RSS or iCal, as well as have the Wiki, etc subscribe to it and show the upcoming events on a public page.

I mainly suggest Google Calendar 'cause Bob's been around and we have to make him feel good about his employer ;-)

Re: Suggestion: Google Calendar for Struts

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Awesome! That's even better than the wiki.

--
James Mitchell

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
+1  Add a link on the wiki

Don

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
Right now, there's just a little "Event Calendar" link here:

* http://confluence.twdata.org/display/WW/SAF2

As a test, I also added one with a button at the bottom of the page here:

* http://confluence.twdata.org/display/EDU/Home

AFAIK, Moin Mon does not support an RSS feed, but we could start
moving some assets over to Confluence, like the Rough Spots page, if
people want to start following along that way.

-T.

Posted by Jason Carreira <fo...@opensymphony.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
On 4/29/06, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm mildly concerned at the association between the name of the calendar and
> the name of a domain registered to one person. I guess as long as the domain
> content remains unbiassed, it shouldn't be a problem.

If we're ready to run Roller on ASF hardware, I'd be happy to donate
both the PlanetStruts.org domain and the content to the ASF today.
Dave Johnson, Noel Bergman, and I discussed the idea of projects
hosting Roller in their own zones at ApacheCon. A PMC blog might be a
good way to maintain status reports and other announcements.

When I posted the Google Calendar credentials last night, I also
posted the PlanetStruts Roller logon, in case anyone wants to help
out. It's suppose to be aggregating the committer blogs, but that
feature isn't working right now. There's a new release candidate out,
so maybe we will have better luck after an upgrade.

-Ted.

Re: Suggestion: Google Calendar for Struts

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 4/28/06, Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oops, I just did that.

Man, I only get half an hour to act. Tough game. ;-)

I called the calendar "Planet Struts" and put a quick link on the new
> wiki.

I'm mildly concerned at the association between the name of the calendar and
the name of a domain registered to one person. I guess as long as the domain
content remains unbiassed, it shouldn't be a problem.

Here's the TinyURL version:

> * http://tinyurl.com/f777e
>
> I put the Ti session for JavaOne on the calendar for next month.
>
> I'll note the credentials in the Struts committers area of the ASF
> repository.

FYI, I just separated this out into its own file, rather than lumping it in
where it was.

--
Martin Cooper

-Ted.

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
Oops, I just did that.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Go for it!

--
James Mitchell

Posted by Jason Carreira <fo...@opensymphony.com>.

Posted by tm jee <tm...@yahoo.co.uk>.
+1

> I mainly suggest Google Calendar 'cause Bob's been around and we have to make
> him feel good about his employer ;-)

:-D  okie dokie, let's go for Google Calendar, just for this reason.