Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com> on 2002/05/08 14:53:02 UTC

RE: Start Turbine Security Proposal Back Up (was Semi-Newbie. Is ne wapp push or pull?)

Colm,

> Scott, could you remind interested parties in how to retrieve
> the stuff you
> committed to CVS?

I don't think the newest (working) version of it has been commited.

Scott

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
So, are we saying that in the version of Turbine 2.2, that basically all the
interfaces are empty, or is that what we want to have?  It sounds from
emails like everybody basically has ditched Turbine's security interface
because they need something slightly different (like I need to auth against
NT domains).

Are these empty security/user interfaces in turbine 2.2 then?  Doesn't seem
like it from CVS, but maybe I am not looking at the right branch.  If no one
can agree on what the security/user scheme should be, maybe the solution is
to just make the user/security interfaces as simple as possible, and then
everybody can put their security scheme in a contrib/security or
contrib/user directory.  Then as time passes, and things shake out, the
various options can be refactored for the the common aspects, and more fully
flesh out the security/user scheme.

As I said before, I don't want to use Turbine security and user stuff, but I
don't want to write my own from scratch.  Having some options might lead to
the best/most popular version floating to the top!

I would rather have multiple choices versus no choice, or just turbines
current version!

My 2 cents,
Eric