Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "edumudi.viswanath@oracle.com" <ed...@oracle.com> on 2009/07/17 16:16:03 UTC

how to do conditional processing in ant

Hi Friends,

I know how to pass more than one command line arguments /parameters to a task in ant.

Ex:   Command prompt>ant -Denvv=production  -Dssltype=1SSL  eardirect            ( where eardirect is a task name I defined in ant)

Assume I have four different environments like PROD, SIT, UAT & DEV and I can access each environment in 2 different ways like 1 way SSL & 2 way SSL. So user may give envv from PROD/SIT/UAT/DEV  and  ssltype from 1SSL/2SSL.

Now my requirement is " based on user parameters like envv=production & ssltype=1SSL, I need to copy some files from xyz/1ssl/  folder  to  xyz/  folder" here I should use some conditional logic. Is there any coretask available in ANT to do this ?

Please help regarding the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Oracle logo.gif

Edumudi Venkata Viswanath | Associate Consultant | | +91 20 3984 7491 (O) | 9665045854 (M)
Oracle Financial Services Software Limited | Ambrosia, Pune, India

Oracle Financial Services Software Limited was formally i-flex solutions limited.

Re: how to do conditional processing in ant

Posted by Edumudi Viswanath <ed...@oracle.com>.
Hi David Weintraub,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Based on the approach you mentioned, i wrote total logic for the task. kindly inspect once.

here, may i ask some questions. they are

1) In one <if> tag, i can write any no of <elseif> tags. is it write?
2) In one <if> tag, there should be only one <else> tag. is it write?
3) I should place below logic in a <target name="some-logic-tag">. is it write?

Actual Code is here.
=====================

<target name="some-logic-tag">

<if>
    <equals arg1="${envv}" arg2="dev"/>
    <then>
    <if>
      <equals arg1="${ssltype}" arg2="1ssl"/>
      <then>
        <copy.../>
      </then>
      <else>
         <copy.../>
      </else>
    </if>
    </then>

 <elseif>
   <equals arg1="${envv}" arg2="sit"/>
   <then>
   <if>
      <equals arg1="${ssltype}" arg2="1ssl"/>
      <then>
        <copy.../>
      </then>
      <else>
         <copy.../>
      </else>
    </if>
   </then>
 </elseif>

 <elseif>
    <equals arg1="${envv}" arg2="uat"/>
[...]

   <echo message=" please provide proper values for 'envv' and 'ssltype'" />
  </else>

</if>

</target>

Thanks & Regards,
vishy

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
There are two general ways to do conditional processing. One is to use
the "if" or "unless" parameters on the task themselves:

<task name="copy">

    <!-- Common Copying -->
    <...>

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

RE: how to do conditional processing in ant

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.
If you specify a directory, the contents of that directory are
copied...meaning all the files will be copied :)

Posted by Edumudi Viswanath <ed...@oracle.com>.
Hi Scot P. Floess,

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.

Posted by Michael George <md...@cs.cornell.edu>.
Seems like

<copy from="xyz/${envv}/${ssltype}/1.txt" to="xyz/1.txt" />

should do that, no?

--Mike

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.

Posted by "edumudi.viswanath@oracle.com" <ed...@oracle.com>.