Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com> on 2003/03/25 19:39:05 UTC

Refactoring org.apache.xalan.client package - is there any objection?

org.apache.xalan.client package only has one class, org.apache.xalan.client
.XSLTProcessorApplet.java. It is part of sample codes and shouldn't be in
the core xalan source code.  I suggested to move XSLTProcessorApplet.java
to the /java/samples/AppletXMLtoHTML/ and remove the
org.apache.xalan.client package. I don't think anywhere else uses
org.apache.xalan.client package. Is there any objection?

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

Re: Refactoring org.apache.xalan.client package - is there any objection?

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
The sample applet driver is arguably no more -- but no less -- a part of
the package than the sample command-line driver.

I don't have a strong objection to moving it, but I also don't see a
strong argument in favor of moving it.... and I'd prefer not to break any
existing users unless we must.

If we do decide to relocate it, I suggest that a class be created at the
old location which provides a deprecated "proxy" for the new class, to
give folks fair warning that this API is being replaced.

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"may'ron DaroQbe'chugh vaj bIrIQbej"  ("Put down the squeezebox and nobody
gets hurt.")