Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Vries, Michiel de" <Mi...@nl.compuware.com> on 2000/12/28 15:51:25 UTC

XMLString::transcode

Hi everyone,

I'm transcoding some Latin-1 Supplement characters (like 00a1 the turned
around exclamation mark).

    unsigned char *chars = (unsigned char*) XMLString::transcode(uchars);

When I'm using Xerces 1.1 (with ICU, but with setting
ucnv_setDefaultName("utf8");) I'm getting 2-byte characters as output, but
when I'm using Xerces 1.3 (without ICU) I get 1 byte characters as output.

I'm running into problems later when I want to convert these characters to
the internal characterset of my application, because that conversion assumes
2-byte characters.

Are there any (different?) things to setup the characterset setting. Has the
default transcoding changed?

If I know what is coming out when, then I can use the XMLFormatter to
convert it to what I need.

Any help would be appriciated.

Groeten/Regards,

Michiel.
---
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you"