Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gareth Cronin <Ga...@kiwiplan.co.nz> on 2002/09/18 04:19:37 UTC

Mapped network drives fail with Document base does not exist or i s not a readable directory

OK... this is getting very frustrating. Under Tomcat 4.0.1 I have no problem
with the following context:
<Context path="/jtss" docBase="j:/projects/personal/garethc/JtssWebApp"
debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

Where J: is a mapped network drive, and the directory in question is the
base of a webapp, with the WEB-INF directory etc.

This fails under Tomcat 4.1.0 with:
"Document base j:\projects\personal\garethc\JtssWebApp does not exist or is
not a readable directory"

So I tried mapping just docbase=c:/ and then docbase=j:/.
c:/ works, j:/ doesn't.
So I set the privileged attribute = "true", j:/ works momentarily but then
fails on the next Tomcat restart.

What has changed? Why does the first example no longer work?

TIA,

Gareth.