Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be> on 2008/07/06 10:03:19 UTC

Re: svn commit: r674267 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/area/AreaTreeParser.java

On Jul 6, 2008, at 09:50, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:

> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Sun Jul  6 00:50:23 2008
> New Revision: 674267

> Log:
> Switch AreaTreeParser to use a java.nio.CharBuffer, and ignore
> characters events for all elements other than <word>, <space> or
> <character>

Just FYI: this should fix the issue that was reported about a month
ago on fop-users@ by Martin Edge. If the intermediate area tree was
indented, the AreaTreeParser would make errors when collecting the
characters.

The solution was pretty straightforward, since the area tree cannot
contain mixed objects (having both text and child elements). I
suppose we're going to keep it that way. If not, then we may have to
revisit this...

Cheers

Andreas