Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/30 07:54:06 UTC

Structure of WS site

Based on Andreas's suggestion on private list, I'm thinking to develop
Maven based new site for WS. I have identified following pages for site
content, I think following pages are sufficient. Please add if I miss
anything here.

1.) Welcome  - Introduction about WS TLP and list down it's sub projects.
2.) News       -  News of TLP and it's sub project.
3.) Contact Us  - Description about WS mailing lists.
4.) Attic           - Projects on WS Attic and description.
5.) Mailing lists
6.) Source codes
7.) Bug Tracker
8.) License
9.) Thanks

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web      - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/

Re: Structure of WS site

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Andreas Veithen
<an...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 08:07, Sagara Gunathunga
> <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM, KasunG Gajasinghe <ka...@wso2.com>
> wrote:

> projects.
> >>>
> >> Hi Sagara,
> >> How about documentation, and project team pages?
> >

> >   Yes we need to add WS PMC members page and  may be documentation page
> with
> > links of sub project's documentation.
>
> Yes, the PMC member page should be in the root site. However, I don't
> see the need for a documentation page in the root site. The root site
> should link to the home pages of the individual projects, and from
> there users can locate the documentation they are looking for. Keep
> things as simple as possible and such that they don't require regular
> updates.

  +1

  Thanks !

Re: Structure of WS site

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Structure of WS site

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Structure of WS site

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 08:02, KasunG Gajasinghe <ka...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Sagara Gunathunga
> <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Based on Andreas's suggestion on private list, I'm thinking to develop
>> Maven based new site for WS. I have identified following pages for site
>> content, I think following pages are sufficient. Please add if I miss
>> anything here.
>>
>> 1.) Welcome  - Introduction about WS TLP and list down it's sub projects.
>> 2.) News       -  News of TLP and it's sub project.
>> 3.) Contact Us  - Description about WS mailing lists.
>> 4.) Attic           - Projects on WS Attic and description.
>> 5.) Mailing lists
>> 6.) Source codes
>> 7.) Bug Tracker
>> 8.) License
>> 9.) Thanks
>>
> Hi Sagara,
> How about documentation, and project team pages?

These things are specific to each subproject and are not meaningful in
the root site.

Re: Structure of WS site

Posted by KasunG Gajasinghe <ka...@wso2.com>.

Re: Structure of WS site

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
I think that 2, 5, 6 and 7 should not be in the root site. These
things should be under the responsibility of each individual
subproject.

Andreas