Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Pankaj Shroff <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/05 04:57:16 UTC

Basic question regarding RPC

I have, perhaps, quite a basic question to help improve my understanding
about RPC and maybe HttpServlets even. Hope someone on this list might be
able to answer.

How does one dispatch requests coming from multiple RPC clients (over HTTP
as transport), to different handlers. The challenge I am facing is that, in
my RPC server, I need to respond to a request from each RPC client based on
that clients properties (for ex. Content Type) as well as perform actions
on the messages received based on client-specific or client-defined data
(such as user ids, etc.) These client-specific data values are unique in
the clients own domain, but will not be unique across all clients.
Therefore I need to pick the correct object to handle a given client's
incoming requests, and  in that client's handler object - give
client-specific treatment and construct a response.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.