Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by J Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2005/03/07 23:53:57 UTC

Exceptions in IsInfected matcher

I am getting tons of exceptions in the IsInfected matcher.  I've been
running it for several months.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting these errors when I first installed it.
But I'm not 100% certain.
I just discovered all of this in the logs.  There are about 4 or 5 different
exceptions that keep
occurring.  But they all
appear to be somewhat related to the same type of problem.  This occurs
about ever 10 minutes or so.
But some email containing viruses are successfully getting flagged.  Is this
a result of some latest
spammer hacking trick on the message formats?

Is there a fix for this?  I'm running 2.2.0a17.  I can't seem to find where
I got the IsInfected matcher
package to see if there are updated versions of it.  Can someone point me to
that download site?

Here are a couple of representative log entries:

07/03/05 11:26:14 ERROR spoolmanager.root: Exception calling IsInfected:
Exception thrown;
  nested exception is:
        class javax.mail.MessagingException: Missing start boundary
javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception thrown;
  nested exception is:
        class javax.mail.MessagingException: Missing start boundary
        at
org.apache.james.transport.matchers.IsInfected.match(IsInfected.java:372)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:342)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
407)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:322)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.j
ava:55)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:90)
javax.mail.MessagingException: Missing start boundary
        at javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart.parse(MimeMultipart.java:297)
        at
javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart.getCount(MimeMultipart.java:159)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.matchers.IsInfected.dumpPart(IsInfected.java:447)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.matchers.IsInfected.match(IsInfected.java:249)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:342)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
407)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:322)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.j
ava:55)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:90)

and:
---

07/03/05 10:58:57 ERROR spoolmanager.root: Exception calling IsInfected:
Exception thrown;
  nested exception is:
        java.io.IOException: Error in encoded stream, got 1
[...]
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream.decode(BASE64DecoderStream.java:148)
        at
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream.read(BASE64DecoderStream.java:53)
        at
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream.read(BASE64DecoderStream.java:78)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.matchers.IsInfected.dumpPart(IsInfected.java:490)

Re: Exceptions in IsInfected matcher

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Here it goes:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/branches/branch_2_1_fcs/src/java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/ClamAVScan.java