Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "SerapH." <ko...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/20 11:41:03 UTC

fop question

hi,,my OS is windowsxp ,chinese simplied version,today i test fop-0.20.5
and covent   \fop-0.20.5\examples\fo\advanced\cid-fonts.fo  to pdf,but the
chinese and japanese can't convent correct,
can you tell me why ??

and how can i convent it right....thanks very much.

the java program i use
fop-0.20.5\examples\embedding\java\embedding\ExampleFO2PDF.java

Re: fop question

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Please direct future questions and replies to this mail to the fop-users
mailing list. Thank you.

Are you sure you followed the instructions for adding custom fonts [1]?
If you need chinese and japanese characters you need to register some
fonts that contain these characters. FOP does not ship with fonts
containing these characters. Actually, that cid-fonts.fo example pretty
much describes what you have to do. Good luck.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.20.5/fonts.html

On 20.06.2006 11:41:03 SerapH. wrote:
> hi,,my OS is windowsxp ,chinese simplied version,today i test fop-0.20.5
> and covent   \fop-0.20.5\examples\fo\advanced\cid-fonts.fo  to pdf,but the
> chinese and japanese can't convent correct,
> can you tell me why ??
>
> and how can i convent it right....thanks very much.
>
> the java program i use
> fop-0.20.5\examples\embedding\java\embedding\ExampleFO2PDF.java

Jeremias Maerki