Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/29 12:37:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating: main OpenWhisk module

I am breaking this out into a DISCUSS thread so not to pollute the vote. In
completing this checking list:

[x] Download links are valid.
[x] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
[x] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[x] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each OpenWhisk repo.
[x] All files have license headers if necessary. (checked with scan-code)
[x] No compiled archives bundled in source archive (modulo
gradle-wrapper.jar).

I ran into a few hiccups (some duplicates with Bertrand's) for which I
opened the following issues:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/207
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/208
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/209 (bug)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/210
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/211 (bug)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/212
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/213 (bug,
blocks deployment)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/214

Carlos I'm not sure how you deployed successfully and ran hello world. I'd
like to know if this is isolated to me. It looks like both Betrand and I
ran into issues with deployment (beyond the doc bug).

-r

Re: No test code in the release? (was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating: main OpenWhisk module)

Posted by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

The reason we do not ship the tests in the artifact for this release is that there are test files with unidentified licenses, which may bring risks in when we distribute them.

After we resolve the license issues, we will package them in the source code artifact.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating: main OpenWhisk module

Posted by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com>.
I have proposed a PR fixing all the issues raised in this mail thread: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/pull/218
Welcome to review it.
When this PR is merged, we will have the artifact generated for rc2.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.