Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Flavio Curti <fc...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/26 17:20:12 UTC

Re: [mp2] SOLVED? segfaulting apache in ap_pcw_walk_files_config

Hi John

On 5/26/05, John D Groenveld <jd...@elvis.arl.psu.edu> wrote:
> In message <25...@mail.gmail.com>, Flavio Curti writes:
> >> Apache:
> >>         CFLAGS="-Wall -g -O2 -pipe -I/usr/include/xmltok
> >> -I/usr/include/openssl  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 "
> >> LDFLAGS="-ldl -lexpat -lcrypt -ldb-4.2" \
> >> ./configure \
> >> --with-program-name=httpd2 --with-dbm=db42 \
> >statement below and the segfaults are gone. Maybe you have an idea
> >what is wrong with the way I'm configuring apache...
> Under Solaris when I configured Apache2 with largefile support, I
> needed to edit apr_rules.mk and config_vars.mk in /opt/apache2/build
> and add -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 to EXTRA_CPPFLAGS
> so that modperl would also be build largefile aware.

Thank you John that really was it. As soon as I add those two to
EXTRA_CPPFLAGS in config_vars.mk the segfaulting is gone. I wonder
where the mistake lies. In apache for not filling EXTRA_CPPFLAGS? Me
not setting it at all for CPPFLAGS? mod_perl not detecting it? (btw
setting CPPFLAGS when compiling apache doesn't help, it has to be in
EXTRA_CPPFLAGS) (also setting CPPFLAGS on compiling mod_perl does not
work, it has to come from the config_vars.mk file)...

Thank you all for you help and kind regards

Flavio Curti

--
http://no-way.org/~fcu/