Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by simon <sk...@apache.org> on 2007/08/18 11:19:54 UTC

[orchestra] Dependency on tomahawk sandbox

Hi,

For the release expected this week, is the orchestra core15 module
(which includes dynaForm) expected to be in the release? If so, it
currently depends on tomahawk sandbox component TypedNumberConverter
which will make things difficult.

Perhaps the right thing to do would be to copy that component into
orchestra-core15 and remove it later when TypedNumberConverter makes it
into an official tomahawk release? Unfortunately, removing it completely
would break backwards-compatibility, but I guess orchestra could then
continue to define the component in its own namespace (ie in the
taglib.xml), but just point to the tomahawk classes.

Regards,

Simon

Re: [orchestra] Dependency on tomahawk sandbox

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
No, please don't make the sandbox depend on Orchestra.   That is the
wrong approach since most people using the sandbox don't use
Orchestra.

Sounds like you need to create a Orchestra/Sandbox jar file and have
it depend on the sandbox and have orchestra depend on it.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!