Posted to women@apache.org by Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/07 21:51:22 UTC

Hey now

And I'd also like to say hello.  I'm Danese Cooper and I've never
committed a line of code to Apache, but I was instrumental in helping
Jason Hunter negotiate the changes to JCP which have allowed Geronimo
and Harmony and I was listed by Geir as a sponsor of Harmony (mostly
because I read the early drafts of the proposal, I think) and I
worked hard to convince the board that they should pay more attention
to even application of the Contributor's Agreement.  I also advocated
for the ASLv2.0 at OSI.  For the last 6+ years my paying job has been
"evangelism" of open source around the world (especially in the
developing world), and I've been on the board of the Open Source
Initiative since 2001.

I'm very glad we got this chance to talk with the rest of the women
currently @ apache dot org to see whether we can describe a common
goal of a public women@ list.

Danese

Re: Hey now

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@apache.org>.
I can't resist adding that Danese did a keynote at ApacheCon Europe
(July 2005) on "Strategic Commons: Open Source in the Developing World"
and a dynamite lightening talk on women in open source that generated a
ton of discussion that hasn't begun to die down yet (and that I hope
doesn't die down).

  -jean