Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Johnny Cass <jo...@epiuse.com> on 2001/07/23 10:51:09 UTC

Jetspeed + Turbine

Hi,

I've been away for a while and would just like to get a quick update on
the status of Jetspeed.

As far as I know, the current version of Jetspeed is using Turbine 2.1
right? What about version 2.2 and 3.0. Will Jetspeed be able to keep up
and use the latest released version of Turbine? There seems to have been
quite a lot of changes in the Turbine CVS.

Thank you for your time.
-Johnny

Re: Jetspeed + Turbine

Posted by Johnny Cass <jo...@epiuse.com>.
Raphae"l Luta wrote:

> Johnny Cass wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been away for a while and would just like to get a quick update on
> > the status of Jetspeed.
> >

> Check out the latest CVS code, or if you don't have time, David's site
> (http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed/)
>
> > As far as I know, the current version of Jetspeed is using Turbine 2.1
> > right? What about version 2.2 and 3.0. Will Jetspeed be able to keep up
> > and use the latest released version of Turbine? There seems to have been
> > quite a lot of changes in the Turbine CVS.
> >

> Yes, Jetspeed is on the 2.1 branch and don't think we should change soon :
> - 3.0 is very promising but not stable enough in terms of API for now,
>    I don't want to start again chasing a moving API unless there's a *major*
>    reason for that.
> - 2.2 has currently little substance and I don't see a real advantage in
>    using it.

The only reason I am really even interested is Intake. It would be great
to have this functionality available in Jetspeed. My understanding is
that Intake is only now becoming usable (3.0?).