Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com> on 2004/06/09 06:17:17 UTC

[OT] Expresso

Any Expresso users out there?
Id be interested in hearing your comments and evaluation of this framework.

It uses Struts as the basis for the presentation layer, Id be especially
interested to know if it maintains Struts flexibility of allowing you to use
any (ie: not JSP) view rendering technology, or will one have to depend
heavily on Expresso tags for a lot of things when doing the view?

RE: [OT] Expresso

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Ah, well heres the answer to the second part of my question! :-)

<snip
src="http://www.jcorporate.com/econtent/Content.do?state=template&template=2
&resource=636&db=default">

For the Model, Expresso can interact with any standard data access
technology, including Enterprise Java Beans, JDBC, and JNDI. For the View,
Expresso works well with JavaServer Pages, JavaServer Faces, Velocity
Templates, XSLT, and other presentation systems.

</snip>

So what I want to hear about now is folks experiences using it and their
resulting opinions.