Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Darren Smith <da...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/18 19:06:17 UTC

Text and pictures

Hi there
I need help in either transferring text from writer into draw, or layering in write so that I can add pictures.
 I wrote a lengthy poem for my wedding which my wife would like to have framed, consequently I would like to copy and paste some pictures on to it.
I figured the easiest way would be to copy and paste the text into the draw progamme but when I did this it seemed to only copy the first line of text and expanding the box only made the text bigger.
I tried to see if I could copy and paste a picture into the poem but this only succeeded in moving the text down to make way for the picture.
Please help
Darren

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Text and pictures

Posted by Robert Funnell <ro...@mcgill.ca>.
In Writer, right-click on the picture that you've inserted into the
document and look for the Wrap item in the menu that pops up.
Experiment with the different options. You may also want to experiment
with the Alignment item in the same menu.

Re: Text and pictures

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:06:17 -0000, Darren Smith <da...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> I need help in either transferring text from writer into draw

in draw, select the 'text' tool on the 'drawing' toolbar, create a text box of the desired size and paste enything you want into the box.

> or layering in write so that I can add pictures.

insert the picture in the document, right-click on it and open the 'picture' dialogue. then choose 'anchor to page' on the 'type' tab, switch to the 'wrap' tab, choose 'through' and tick 'in background'. after that you may have to return to the 'type' tab and adjust the picture's position.