Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Rui Gil <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/08 03:28:03 UTC

Redirect Behaviour

Hello,

I'm new to Sling, and after installing the standalone application, I
decided to change a simple behavior.

When I type http://localhost:8080 the browser receives an 302 redirect to a
file, /index.html.

The behavior that I want to change is avoid that redirect, so that the file
could be returned with the address http://localhost:8080/ . (It's how most
webservers behave when they return index files.)

I searched in the configuration area of the console, but could not find
anything that allow me to do that. The index resources of the GET Servlet,
have no effect at all. The redirection always goes to index.html. I also
tried to use the mappings for resource resolution and applying a internal
redirect but nothing seems to override this default behavior.

Can you please direct me to the solution? I'm new to sling, and I have
exhausted my ideas.

Thank You.

Rui

Re: Redirect Behaviour

Posted by Rui Gil <ru...@gmail.com>.
I just wish that my frustration would had allowed me to wait 10 more
minutes before sending the last email.
I've discovered a typo in my mappings for resource resolution. I have now
the behavior that I wanted. I'm sorry to have wasted your time.