Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/06/24 22:49:55 UTC

[VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ (rc3)

I've prepared a third release candidate for the Server Repository
plugin.  This candidate corrects the geronimo-plugin.xml and
geronimo-plugins.xml issue regarding the open source license.

The rationale for the plugin remains the same:
As a result of some discussion on GERONIMO-2814
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2814] it was suggested
that we create a plugin to facilitate adding a second repository to
Geronimo.  This is of particular value when running multiple Geronimo
server instances from a single Geronimo installation.

I have created a very simple plugin for this purpose.  For more
information on how this might be leveraged reference
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/multiple-repositories.html

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/plugins/server-repo/

Staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/plugins/server-repo/1.0/index.html

The svn location is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/server-repo/tags/server-repo-1.0

Repository for plugin install (same as staging repo):
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/plugins/server-repo/
    - From the console navigation to Plugins
    - select Add Repository
    - paste in my staging repo listed above:
    - click Add
    - Select the newly added repository from the drop down list
    - click "Show Plugins in selected repository"
    - You should see just this plugin in the list and you can install it
from there.

The vote is open for 72 hours and will conclude on Friday (6/27) at
6:00PM ET.

[ ] +1  Release the server-repo plugin
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release the server-repo plugin

Joe

Re: [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ (rc3)

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ (rc3)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1
--kevan

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

-Donald

[RESULTS] [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ (rc3)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Thank you all for reviewing and voting.

The vote passes with 10 +1 and no other votes.

Joe

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
+1

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ (rc3)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Here's my +1.

Joe

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Lin

Re: [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ (rc3)

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jarek

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.