Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2006/01/23 18:43:38 UTC

Issue with commons-httpclient?

Hi Maveners,

The latest Maven 1.0.2 has a problem when using these directions:

Find the line of maven.xml in the project.properties file with the
maven.remote.repo property, and add "http://www.apache.org/~clr/
downloads/maven" to the ibiblio and jpox urls.

What happens is that www.apache.org/~clr is redirected to
people.apache.org and this redirection is not resolved by the
httpclient used by Maven.

Are there any plans to update the code or the version of the jar file
used in Maven? Would you like more information or should I file a bug?

Regards,

Craig

Background:

On Jan 23, 2006, at 3:02 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:
>> FYI. Maven (1.0), or the associated plugin, is probably using
>> "commons-httpclient"
>> with a version that doesn't understand HTTP redirects. The same
>> broken
>> functionality has been noticed on the Maven "SourceForge" plugin
>> (when
>> SourceForge decided to add redirecting into their upload URLs).

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!